1) How do I get an application for the Affordable Hearing Aid Program?
2) Why should I coordinate my Hearing Aid Application through my local Lions Club?
Answer: Your local Lions Club can provide additional resources and advocacy to help you obtain hearing aids through our program. We also want the local Lions Club to know that theri are people in their community who require help with their hearing loss.
3) I have hearing loss in both ears. Can I get two hearing aids, if needed?
Answer: Yes, most people with hearing loss require two hearing aids to treat their hearing loss.
4) Do you help children who need hearing aids?
Answer: We do help children, however, in Michigan, Public Assistance Programs like Medicaid, MIChild and Children's Special Health Care Services sometimes provide coverage for children who need hearing aids. Before completing our application, families should contact the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services to inquire about government programs that help with hearing aids for children.
5) Do you accept used hearing aids as a donation?
Answer: We do. You can mail us the hearing aid(s) to 5730 Executive Drive - Lansing, Michigan 48991, and we will send you a letter indicating your tax-deductible donation. We recycle used hearing aids for a manufacturers credit to help us offset the cost of purchasing new ones for those in need.
6) How do I donate to the Lions Hearing Center of Michigan?
Answer: You can do so in several ways: You can mail a check to our address, call us with a credit card number, visit our website at www.lhcmi.org, or click here to donate right now online! All donors are given a letter indicating their tax-deductible donation to our non-profit organization.
7) Does it cost anything to me to have my ears checked and tested?